- 11:11 pm Monday, August 7th, 2017 by rockywbab
Today in 1964, The single by The Young World Singers called ‘Ringo For President’ was released in the US. Such was The Beatles drummer appeal that fans launched a “Ringo for President” campaign in the midst of the Johnson/Goldwater race. A well-organized contingent – most of whose members were below the voting age of 21 – banded together to enter the drummer as a third-party write-in candidate for Commander in Chief.
Here is that song!
- 4:04 pm Thursday, July 27th, 2017 by rockywbab
I found a list of ten great American bands, some of these I agree with some I dont, read this list and the list YOUR ten great AMERICAN bands!
1. Lynyrd Skynyrd – No band sounds more like America than these street survivors from Jacksonville, Florida. More than 30 years after fate stole their voice and their heart, they continue to sell out stadiums to bandana-and-blue-jean crowds singing “Free Bird” like it was the national anthem.
2. Aerosmith – For 40 years, these Boston blues rockers have boogied their way to the forefront of the American rock scene. Few acts can match [More]
- 2:50 pm Monday, July 24th, 2017 by rockywbab
Siri may not have Freddie Mercury‘s voice, but she recognizes a classic when she hears it. Read her a snippet of lyrics from Bohemian Rhapsody, and she’ll pick right up where you left off, as you can see in the video. It’s yet another of the countless ways “Bohemian Rhapsody” has pervaded pop culture throughout the years, with its use in the head-banging Wayne’s World scene among the most well-known.
Give it a try!
- 10:21 pm Wednesday, July 19th, 2017 by rockywbab
As if the Back To School sales that are happening in stores around the area weren’t enough, now there is talk of Christmas music….but this is cool! Cheap Trick say that they are ready for the holidays with their own holiday album. Robin Zander says we’ve got a few originals, and we covered songs from artists that we really like! The only confusing thing about recording this record is that we are doing it during a heatwave over the summer, but we decorated the studio and try and pretend that its winter. WBAB welcomes Cheap Trick to the beach on [More]
- 7:14 pm Sunday, July 16th, 2017 by rockywbab
- 6:58 pm Sunday, July 16th, 2017 by rockywbab
Today in 1969, during recordings for their Abbey Road album, The Beatles worked on two new George Harrison songs, ‘Here Comes The Sun’ and ‘Something.’ Harrison was inspired to write ‘Here Comes The Sun’ when taking a day off from Apple business and spending the day walking around the garden at Eric Clapton’s house.
Here are tow of the many demos they did for these songs!
- 5:06 pm Thursday, July 13th, 2017 by rockywbab
It was on this day in 1985 that Live Aid took place, all kinds of bands from all over the world played! I remember it was a beautiful saturday, and I taped the entire show on VCR! (which I still have)
But the best show was Queen, hands down the best the band ever played! This is some of the best 21 minutes in rock and roll!
- 4:56 pm Thursday, July 13th, 2017 by rockywbab
- 10:07 am Monday, July 10th, 2017 by rockywbab
Today in 1982, Phil Collen, former guitarist with the glam rock band Girl, replaced Pete Willis in Def Leppard who was fired due to excessive alcohol consumption on the job.
Pete is the one in the middle in this photo, at the time Def Leppard were famous for the alcohol consumption so Pete had to be really bad to get fired. They found Phil in a semi famous band called Girl. Girl broke up shortly after Phil left, but you can see and hear what they sounded like here.
- 2:33 pm Sunday, July 9th, 2017 by rockywbab