- 4:04 pm Thursday, July 27th, 2017 by rockywbab
I found a list of ten great American bands, some of these I agree with some I dont, read this list and the list YOUR ten great AMERICAN bands!
1. Lynyrd Skynyrd – No band sounds more like America than these street survivors from Jacksonville, Florida. More than 30 years after fate stole their voice and their heart, they continue to sell out stadiums to bandana-and-blue-jean crowds singing “Free Bird” like it was the national anthem.
2. Aerosmith – For 40 years, these Boston blues rockers have boogied their way to the forefront of the American rock scene. Few acts can match [More]
- 2:50 pm Monday, July 24th, 2017 by rockywbab
Siri may not have Freddie Mercury‘s voice, but she recognizes a classic when she hears it. Read her a snippet of lyrics from Bohemian Rhapsody, and she’ll pick right up where you left off, as you can see in the video. It’s yet another of the countless ways “Bohemian Rhapsody” has pervaded pop culture throughout the years, with its use in the head-banging Wayne’s World scene among the most well-known.
Give it a try!
- 10:21 pm Wednesday, July 19th, 2017 by rockywbab
As if the Back To School sales that are happening in stores around the area weren’t enough, now there is talk of Christmas music….but this is cool! Cheap Trick say that they are ready for the holidays with their own holiday album. Robin Zander says we’ve got a few originals, and we covered songs from artists that we really like! The only confusing thing about recording this record is that we are doing it during a heatwave over the summer, but we decorated the studio and try and pretend that its winter. WBAB welcomes Cheap Trick to the beach on [More]
- 7:14 pm Sunday, July 16th, 2017 by rockywbab
- 6:58 pm Sunday, July 16th, 2017 by rockywbab
Today in 1969, during recordings for their Abbey Road album, The Beatles worked on two new George Harrison songs, ‘Here Comes The Sun’ and ‘Something.’ Harrison was inspired to write ‘Here Comes The Sun’ when taking a day off from Apple business and spending the day walking around the garden at Eric Clapton’s house.
Here are tow of the many demos they did for these songs!
- 5:06 pm Thursday, July 13th, 2017 by rockywbab
It was on this day in 1985 that Live Aid took place, all kinds of bands from all over the world played! I remember it was a beautiful saturday, and I taped the entire show on VCR! (which I still have)
But the best show was Queen, hands down the best the band ever played! This is some of the best 21 minutes in rock and roll!
- 4:56 pm Thursday, July 13th, 2017 by rockywbab
- 10:07 am Monday, July 10th, 2017 by rockywbab
Today in 1982, Phil Collen, former guitarist with the glam rock band Girl, replaced Pete Willis in Def Leppard who was fired due to excessive alcohol consumption on the job.
Pete is the one in the middle in this photo, at the time Def Leppard were famous for the alcohol consumption so Pete had to be really bad to get fired. They found Phil in a semi famous band called Girl. Girl broke up shortly after Phil left, but you can see and hear what they sounded like here.
- 2:33 pm Sunday, July 9th, 2017 by rockywbab
- 4:10 pm Thursday, July 6th, 2017 by rockywbab
Celebrating a birthday today is Santana drummer Michael Shrieve, drummer and percussionist with Santana, playing on their first eight albums from 1969 through 1974. His performance at the 1969 Woodstock festival, when he was 20 years old, made him one of the youngest musicians to perform at the festival. Michael was also with 80’s band Novo Combo and still tours from time to time with Santana when they get the orginal members together.
This is Michael playing a great drum solo at Woodstock.
and with Novo Combo